A Declaration of Independents

June 12, 2012 | By

Polls show that in 2010, 31% of Americans identified as Democrats, 29% as Republicans and 38% as independents.  In 2011, polls show that Americans identifying as independents had risen to 40%.  Hypothetically speaking, independents could win congressional elections across the nation by voting for independent candidates, garnering 40% of the vote (assuming Republicans and Democrats split the remaining 60% somewhat evenly).  It is amazing how easy it could be to turn the political landscape upside down by firing Congress and electing independent representatives.  Ones that would be willing to compromise with each other and start passing laws that benefit the overwhelming majority of the country’s population.  Independent voters, on their own, could elect a Congress that governs for the people.  Independent voters………….make a Declaration of Independents……….vote for an independent in November.

Filed in: General | Tags: , , ,

About the Author (Author Profile)

Comments are closed.